Federation X Temporary Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrassle Discussion

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wrassle Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Wrassle Discussion

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:49 am

Grayson:

Genocide wrote:Yeah, I'm not asking as a dick either... but it kinda already happened once. And this isn't coming from hard feelings, as I wasn't even in Fed X when that happened. But with the people that were, I'm thinking it might be an issue.

Not a contract, so much as a guarantee of 3 month's notice (just a random number) if something was going to happen. Some amount of time where we'd be able to make alternate plans.

Burnt isn't a part of this, and neither is Hawg, so I'll make sure everyone is clear. They DID NOT shut down our last Indy experience with them without speaking to us. That is not what happened. I'm not here to grind through what did happen, but obviously the relationship ended, and not well. But they didn't pull a FreeForums.

Just to be clear.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 am

Grayson:

Fats wrote:I have heard bits and pieces of those discussions from people from both sides and I have gotten two completely different accounts. I am sure they both seem true in their own eyes but I was not part of it so I cannot comment on it.[/i]

First of all......we talked about you a lot at that time Fats. I think I called you something really shitty. Like.....FAT. Sorry.

Hawg may have been involved on the Wrassle side, but the decision that it wasn't going to happen really did get hammered out when Mav called me and conferenced Burnt in and we spent about 2 hours on the phone. I don't remember it being overly complicated, so I'm surprised that you're getting completely different accounts. Not sure how that happens. It was a pretty black and white conversation.

In either case, the suggested solution to keep Fed X in Wrassle at the time was neither as accomadating as this one, now as properly presented in my opinion. So let's leave that discussion behind and focus on this one.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am

Grayson:

And as I head out to get some dinner on what is already the WORST business trip ever......

....let me just say.....

....STAY CLASSY SAN DIEGO!
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:51 am

JXS:

After reading the thread, thinking, talking with Jeff a few times, etc

I actually REALLY like Stan's idea of a gradual merger type thing. Start off with interaction/cross promo stuff and go from there....

I've always liked Wrassle and would like to see Fex X over there eventually. I think we'd benefit from not having to RP with the same 10 people as some of their players would potentially join up. And I think that we as veteran talents can push others to become more active there as well.

I do see it potentially becoming mutually beneficial.

So I think we should put our feet in the water and test it out. Not jump right in.

I fully trust Fats, Colt, Clive, etc as to what they say. Mainly cause Philly knows he'll never get the cheesesteak I owe him if he fucked us over.

But I'm good with whatever is decided. I'm not one to whine and cry a river about it if things don't go they way I want.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:52 am

Genocide:

You stole my line you dick. We're even for the Streak now.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:52 am

JXS:

OOC we are..IC EAT MY FUCK

and I figured you were never going to use it. I mean, come on man..6 pages in and nothing? Only thing worse would be taking 7 posts to get to the ring

Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 am

Pikazap:

Or... You guys can jump in on the Fed Wars beta. :-)

And Ring Wars is going to be relaunching soon under it's original sim site.

That's right, kids. Ring Wars is coming back.

If only Remy would reopen Cyberslam.

Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:54 am

JXS:

If we don't merge, Dan Hodge will come and do this to us...like he did to a certain gentleman we all know and love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZsCqbVbqHI
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:55 am

Stan Daniels:

JXS wrote:I actually REALLY like Stan's idea of a gradual merger type thing. Start off with interaction/cross promo stuff and go from there....

I just want it known that it's purely coincidental that XS won the X-Factor Title I judged. Yep, no bias one way or the other at all.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 am

Brad Rhodes:

First, no I'm not dead so fuck off.

Second, I'm just out because I'm very burned out and there are home stuff dealing with..

all that being said..if you do decide to do something..ok I'll be there. Not sure if with Wiccan, Brad, or a different new wrestler but I'll help.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 am

JXS:

[quote="Stan Daniels"]
JXS wrote:I actually REALLY like Stan's idea of a gradual merger type thing. Start off with interaction/cross promo stuff and go from there....

I just want it known that it's purely coincidental that XS won the X-Factor Title I judged. Yep, no bias one way or the other at all.[/quote
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:58 am

Maverick:

*Mav can't reply to XS's Post with the video link in it now.....he's out of town currently sneaking up behind XS to gut him like a fish!*

Fucker

*Shakes fist*
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 am

JXS:

Maverick wrote:*Mav can't reply to XS's Post with the video link in it now.....he's out of town currently sneaking up behind XS to gut him like a fish!*

Fucker

*Shakes fist*

That is STILL my ALL TIME Fav video. Been looking for it for a while now.

Big thanks to a certain someone for finding it for me

*changes address*
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 am

Genocide:

I wonder if the sleeper was that effective, or if it was the overwhelming stench of ben gay and a full depends that got him.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Eve Riley:

I like Stan's idea, too. If we're going to try this, we need to set a date and start working toward it. I don't think it needs to be a year away. Six months should be enough time for both sides to earn a little trust and good will from the other. It should also be plenty of time to at least make significant headway on the game changes that are needed. As Grayson has already said, overhauling the SIM is just one step in making the gameplay more immersive and engaging.

During that six months, we should be able to have at least 2-3 cooperative events, advertised both places and designed so that players at both places have as level a playing field as we can make it. That shouldn't be too difficult on our end, due to the simplicity of our sim engine.

I doubt it will take more than six months for all of us to get a feel for whether the fit is a good one from all angles. At that point it's simply a matter of saying "Yes, this makes sense" or "No thanks." Although, to be honest, I'm kinda like Mav. I haven't seen too much in the way of advantages from our perspective... at least, not enough significant advantages to offset the loss of sovereignty.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:01 pm

JXS:

Eve Riley wrote:I like Stan's idea, too. If we're going to try this, we need to set a date and start working toward it. I don't think it needs to be a year away. Six months should be enough time for both sides to earn a little trust and good will from the other. It should also be plenty of time to at least make significant headway on the game changes that are needed. As Grayson has already said, overhauling the SIM is just one step in making the gameplay more immersive and engaging.

During that six months, we should be able to have at least 2-3 cooperative events, advertised both places and designed so that players at both places have as level a playing field as we can make it. That shouldn't be too difficult on our end, due to the simplicity of our sim engine.

I doubt it will take more than six months for all of us to get a feel for whether the fit is a good one from all angles. At that point it's simply a matter of saying "Yes, this makes sense" or "No thanks." Although, to be honest, I'm kinda like Mav. I haven't seen too much in the way of advantages from our perspective... at least, not enough significant advantages to offset the loss of sovereignty.

See but I see an opportunity to RP with at least a handful of new people. there's only so many times I can RP a feud with Eve, Alan, AAA, etc here without getting kinda bored.

Forget the "site" we're on. This site is basic...its cool, but whatever. Wrassle is a little better as a home...but again. It could be a shitball site for all I care.

I want more interaction with more people. That to me can keep the game alive. Half the people go inactive when bored..the other half when RL gets busy. If we can eliminate the "bored" factor, we can keep the game alive for that much longer.

I think if we bring some Fed X ideas to wrassle, gradually integrate ourselves there...eventually things would work out for the better for both parties.

Because the ONLY issue I EVER have with Fed X is a lack of talent on the boards (in terms of numbers). We have our hot periods where the roster peaks at 20.....but also have down periods where its 6-10 of us jerking each other around
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:03 pm

Alan Scott:

I just want to point out that there isn't any guarantee that going there brings us more players.

Just like when guys like Metal and Amp show up here there's no guarantee that they'll make it past Post #3. Here or there, the way we play is very demanding. It takes a LOT of talent to post 6 times a week and stay as relevant in our fed as, say, Rev. No, that's not just me jerkin' him either. It's true. Will we see some 'explorers?' Almost certainly.

But if they don't stay...what did we gain? We've had explorers here as well, and we've all heard the same explanations for why they didn't stay. I, for one, continue to laugh every time I hear that they couldn't adjust to the game. I scratch my head and wonder what's so confusing about posting that they can't figure out how to do it. The truth is probably that it's not the game (which while slightly different, isn't exactly alien) but rather how we, as a fed, play the game.

I rountinely used to hear that they couldn't come here because we're such a 'clique.' Of course that didn't stop Kitty, or Crowe, or Geno when he came. If you post, you're in. It's kind of that simple.

My point is that there isn't any reason to expect a different outcome just because we're on a different site. There's no logical argument to suggest that the outcome will be different. Why? Because even if you stay away because you don't post enough and don't want to job on a sim that values roleplay activity, you end up in a situation where our fed pays bonus money based on roleplay activity. Chance and XS were around before. They know that the active people still ended up dominating on the Wrassle Sim back then. That's how the formula will be built this time as well. The guys who give more to the fed, SHOULD be the guys who get more success out of it in my opinion.

Eve Riley jobbing to TripleH32 should never have to happen.

NEVER.

Anyways......I don't see why the result should change. All the reasons you've ever heard about why they can't come here or can't hang here (and I for one loved Colt when he dabbled.....because like Rev he could do a lot with a very little - like be my bitch) will remain. So all we're left with is people who will only play on Wrassle. That's it. That's the whole explanation.

There's nothing wrong with it either. Loyalty is a fine trait. Some guys quit when CSlam closed. If Mav or I don't go, I know some guys who have told me they're done. I'm just pointing out that the people XS seems to think will come flowing in......may not. And if they do.....I'm not convinced how many will stay.

I guess, if we go, we'll see.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Pikazap:

Pro: pikazap would never be Allowed in wrassle again. Not that I'd do anything if I was there.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:06 pm

JXS:

Alan Scott wrote:I just want to point out that there isn't any guarantee that going there brings us more players.

Just like when guys like Metal and Amp show up here there's no guarantee that they'll make it past Post #3. Here or there, the way we play is very demanding. It takes a LOT of talent to post 6 times a week and stay as relevant in our fed as, say, Rev. No, that's not just me jerkin' him either. It's true. Will we see some 'explorers?' Almost certainly.

But if they don't stay...what did we gain? We've had explorers here as well, and we've all heard the same explanations for why they didn't stay. I, for one, continue to laugh every time I hear that they couldn't adjust to the game. I scratch my head and wonder what's so confusing about posting that they can't figure out how to do it. The truth is probably that it's not the game (which while slightly different, isn't exactly alien) but rather how we, as a fed, play the game.

I rountinely used to hear that they couldn't come here because we're such a 'clique.' Of course that didn't stop Kitty, or Crowe, or Geno when he came. If you post, you're in. It's kind of that simple.

My point is that there isn't any reason to expect a different outcome just because we're on a different site. There's no logical argument to suggest that the outcome will be different. Why? Because even if you stay away because you don't post enough and don't want to job on a sim that values roleplay activity, you end up in a situation where our fed pays bonus money based on roleplay activity. Chance and XS were around before. They know that the active people still ended up dominating on the Wrassle Sim back then. That's how the formula will be built this time as well. The guys who give more to the fed, SHOULD be the guys who get more success out of it in my opinion.

Eve Riley jobbing to TripleH32 should never have to happen.

NEVER.

Anyways......I don't see why the result should change. All the reasons you've ever heard about why they can't come here or can't hang here (and I for one loved Colt when he dabbled.....because like Rev he could do a lot with a very little - like be my bitch) will remain. So all we're left with is people who will only play on Wrassle. That's it. That's the whole explanation.

There's nothing wrong with it either. Loyalty is a fine trait. Some guys quit when CSlam closed. If Mav or I don't go, I know some guys who have told me they're done. I'm just pointing out that the people XS seems to think will come flowing in......may not. And if they do.....I'm not convinced how many will stay.

I guess, if we go, we'll see.

Alan, you're right...there IS no guarantee.

But I think we should TRY

We came close to closing our doors not long ago, remember?

I'd hate to be here 9 months from now thinking "hmmm, I wonder what would have happened if we went through with it" while we possibly go through another cold period.

It never hurts to try.

If it fails, it fails. we can always part ways again...What's there to lose? Having to set up the site again? A small price to pay I think.

I'd rather take the chance, it fail, then to sit back and not do a thing.

If I can change....and they can chance.....then EVERYBODY can change!!!
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Pikazap:

Tell that to icehawg
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Colt Calhoun:

Seriously, the Rocky quote from XS has me sold!

Also, the fact that Pikazap is no longer around is another plus.

But let's take a look at the main points. What people want is to have fun with RP...and not have to lose to DickSucker83456 because that person spent 60 bucks on wrassle bucks.

As Fats has said...and has been for quite a while...basically nobody buys wrassle bucks. Although I do think if Fed X came over to Wrassle and it WASN'T just an indy fed but a regular fed...people would start spending again, because the competition and excitement is back.

But if it remains an indy fed, the situation with wrassle bucks remains the same...nobody buys them.

Like I said in a previous post, there were some things with EXTREME that were discussed and different tiers of EXTREME would be available. And I loved how it was looking, but we need Icehawg badly for some great changes to take place for Wrassle.

But without those, it comes down to basically Wrassle just hosting Fed X's fed for them...and they get to be involved in Wrassle's big events and vice versa.

Fed X can basically do the same thing they are going now...just at a different, and in my opinion, better looking site.

I still think that there is a way for Fed X to be a permanent fed in Wrassle...but we won't get into that right now. Alan and I discussed a few things before on the topic and some ideas were brought to the EC and those ideas are a part of some of the changes that would have taken place in Wrassle...if Icehawg loved me still.

But he doesn't and only takes part in the Dead Pool on the Board of Doom now....which I won last year! SUCK IT!

Anywho...I think the move INTO wrassle for now isn't that big of a deal. It's more of a big deal for those that have had a rough past with Wrassle. But the move doesn't improve a lot at the current time. What it does is make it so that your fed is more visible to more wrasslers and gives you a chance to perhaps get a few more faces in Fed X. I honestly don't think Wrassle gains as much as what Fed X would gain out of the deal. I think it is a bigger positive for Fed X...because sure, you started Fed X out to play with your friends...but ultimately, you still need a few more people to RP with or you'll be bored as hell.

And sure, you might also get a few retards to join Fed X while you are hosted at Wrassle...but they'll soon diminish but you'll probably get a few faces to stick around. You'll also still have your main core that you want.

I don't see Fed X people leaving Fed X to play at Wrassle because of the move. I see Fed X gaining a few new faces. I think what needs to happen is Fed X becomes a national fed and SHOW moves to an elite fed. We have a few regionals...then Fed X as the national...and SHOW as the Elite.

Fed X would be like the TNA and SHOW would be WWE. But then, we get into what Alan and I discussed and it gets long winded...but fucking awesome.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Colt Calhoun:

And honestly...just talking about Fed X over at Wrassle makes me want to play the damn game again.

I can only imagine what will happen when some old timers that constantly check out Wrassle every day of the week...but don't play...will do when they see some old faces on the site they love and used to play at.

Like I said, Fed X only gains from this move. I think some old faces would quickly join up again just to play in Fed X.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Aurora Snowe:

not for nothing, but I strongly suspect that this issue Wrassle is currently having is God's way of saying that Wrassle and Fed X should stay separated.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Stan Daniels:

Somebody must've told Freeforums we were already being hosted over there. When they say your site will NEVER BE HOSTED AGAIN! They mean it.

Do you need me to create a wrassle.forumotion.com?
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Eve Riley Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Rude:

I've been following this thing for roughly an hour or so now, reading over everything that has been said.

You know, the whole Wrassle vs. Fed X thing in the beginning; I never really took a side. When a huge chunk of my friends left Wrassle and went elsewhere, I just made a second character. You see, I have attachment to both communities since a large amount of my friends chose NOT to come to Fed X. Over time though, as UCE was dying out and eventually nullified, I became more and more attached to Fed X.

The idea of the two communities coming together does have some appeal. The way that the deal has been phrased here, I do not quite see what it is we have to lose in dealing with Wrassle again. More importantly than that though, is that I think Wrassle has done just about everything it can in terms of creating an offer that is mutually beneficial. I understand though, that a lot of people have distrust and suspicion when viewing The EC and Wrassle proper.

A lot has happened, some of it good, some of it bad, that has created these feelings. If we apply logic to what has been presented to us though, I hardly see what it is we have to lose here.

The very existence of this board and the subsequent sim engine has proven that we can exist without any official support outside of the community we've created. If we're allowed to compete in The OWC, The BRB....if free agents are allowed to come and go as they please, then I can only see benefits from this.

True, we may not get a huge influx of people, but there will be some who WILL try us out. Wrassle also benefits from those of us who may want to play in two places(something I am notorious for doing when active), and ultimately, interest in the site is generated over all.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that we should try this. Is it risky? Most certainly. However, starting our own forum, sim site, and game was ALSO a risk, wasn't it?

Food For Thought.
Eve Riley
Eve Riley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum